Sustainable development goals More details Close
UPM provided technical assistance to ADB and the Bangladesh Local Government Engineering Department (LGED) in the following areas: implementation of a detailed feasibility study to identify the most appropriate option for the development and implementation of an integrated solid waste and sewage sludge treatment plant.
The activities included:
- Survey and characterisation study of domestic, industrial and medical waste with installation of a field analysis laboratory;
- Stakeholder Analysis;
- Development and publication of a SFD (Shit-Flow-Diagram) for Bhola Municipality;
- Study on the latest technological advances and best-applied technologies (BAT) for integrated waste management and recovery in Bangladesh;
- Technology recommendations and the most suitable business model (from collection to reuse/disposal);
- Site verification;
- Ongoing capacity building of national and local project’s stakeholders.
For details, please find the project factsheet below: