UPM provides public and private institutions interested in sustainable climate solutions with a broad range of high-end consulting, research and capacity building services. This offering not only addresses prospective clients in developing and developed countries but also those in the compliance and voluntary carbon offset markets.
In particular, you may engage UPM or its network partners for the following services:
Business intelligence and market research on climate change policy and carbon markets: Nowaday’s it becomes ever more important for carbon market participants to always dispose of the best-available information on the macro-level policy and economic developments and the regulatory environment influencing supply, demand and prices of carbon credits. UPM is well prepared to carry through tailor-made research to provide you with the required business intelligence.
Planning and analysis for emission reduction projects with a focus on renewables and energy efficiency: This package includes all project-related consulting services across multiple sectors such as sustainability assessments, environmental impact analysis, stakeholder analysis, financial planning, feasibility studies, due diligence (regulatory, commercial, technical, legal etc.), comprehensive evaluations of opportunities and risks and much more.
Project finance, carbon asset management and emissions trading advisory: UPM is well aware that funding is one of the most critical bottlenecks for project development. Therefore, we may assist you in designing and arranging project finance solutions according to your needs. In addition, we can offer customized carbon asset management support and emissions trading advisory. We believe this is essential since, particularly in volatile carbon markets, there usually is a large value at risk in most carbon asset portfolios. This risk can be minimized by foresighted trading activities and hedging.
Professional support with voluntary carbon management and carbon offsetting strategies: The first step towards climate protection action should be to know one’s own GHG emissions. To this end, UPM offers precise carbon footprint checks in line with relevant standards and procedures. The second step is to reduce the emissions that have been determined as much as possible. Here, UPM may help you to develop, implement and monitor your specific carbon management strategy. Third step: Those emissions that can eventually not be avoided should be offset with quality carbon credits such as those UPM has on stock.
Coaching, training and capacity building on climate protection and emission reduction options: At the bottom line it is people that protect the climate. Therefore, it is crucial to raise their awareness on climate change problems and solutions and help them to make their contribution for the better. UPM has collected rich experience with emission reduction projects in different cultural settings and is disposed to pass this valuable knowledge on to you.
Please get in contact with us to discuss your situation and feel free to inquire how we can support you.
In the subsequent list we have compiled a selection of our consulting, research and capacity building references for you:
- Carbon Potential Analysis for INBAR, 2012
- Evaluation of carbon reductions of the Gaobeidian composting site, USTB – University of Science & Technology Beijing, 2012
- Evaluation of carbon reductions of a chicken manure biogas CDM project in Tamil Nadu, India, USTB – University of Science & Technology Beijing, 2011
- Monitoring Service for Nordex Asia: Monitoring of the Qingdao Huawei Wind Power Park, 2009 – ongoing
- Technical study for RWE Power AG: CDM feasibility and strategy development for the coal mine methane sector in Shanxi Province, PR China, 2009-10
- Consulting service for German DOE in the Chinese market, 2009
- Potential analysis for CDM Service Unit China, GTZ Beijing: Survey on the potential of reducing GHG emissions and applying CDM in project activities in China, 2009
- Professional backstopping for CDM-related projects and events for CDM Service Unit China, GTZ Beijing: “CDM project quick check” and evaluation of project proposals as well as market analysis, 2009
- Feasibility study for DEG: Biogas and CDM feasibility check for a duck farm in Shandong Province, PR China, 2009
- Conceptual consulting for KfW: pCDM and household biogas in China, 2009
- Capacity building for Knoten Weimar GmbH: GTZ workshop on biogas plant technology planning and CDM applicability, 2009
- Market study for German Chamber of Commerce (AHK) Beijing: Agricultural biogas market in China – status quo and prospects, 2009
- Desk study for CDM Service Unit China, GTZ Beijing (integrated in an the JIKO Initiative by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety): Opportunities for German Know-How and CDM Application – The Chinese Waste Water Treatment Sector, 2008-09
- Desk study for CDM Service Unit China in cooperation with the Centre for Sustainable Environmental Sanitation, University of Science & Technology Beijing (integriert in die JIKO-Initiative des Bundesministeriums für Umwelt, Naturschutz und Reaktorsicherheit): Opportunities for German Know-How and CDM Application – The Chinese Biomass Sector, 2008-09
- Study for the CDM Service Unit China, GTZ Beijing (integrated in an the JIKO Initiative by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety): Simulation on the Biomass supply & storage system for a biomass power plant in Shandong Province, PR China, 2008-09
- Potential analysis/industrial order: Overview on corn straw fired biomass power plants in North-East China, 2008
- Consulting service for RWE Power AG: Recovery and utilization of CMM to realize GHG emission reductions in the framework of CDM, 2007 – ongoing